PDA

View Full Version : Morning Fog at the Laguna

Diane Miller
03-28-2014, 03:25 PM
I created this image a couple of years ago and hadn't thought to post it here until Kerry's sunbeam post made me think of it. I'd have to dig through some old notes to find what I did but I think it was very similar to the tutorial he cited. (I think I found the one he meant -- there is a lot of great information in that sticky!)

Hazel Grant
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
I immediately thought of Kerry's post when I saw this. the cloudy effect on the edges is nice, too. Must try this tutorial.

Dennis Bishop
03-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Very, very nicely done, Diane. Great composition. The yellow and blue is a good combination in terms of color, alone, but even better with the sun warming the fog. It's nice that you set it up so the rays follow the smaller branches and background trees.

Nancy Bell
03-28-2014, 06:51 PM
You are a day early for the next theme of "fog" :Whoa!:! Great composition with the straight angles of the translucent beams contrasting with the unpredictable curving lines of the darker tree branches. Very nice effect with the foggy framing! I suspect more than one of us is going to check out that sticky!

Diane Miller
03-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks! Look forward to seeing more fog! As a moderator, I'm not eligible for "recognition" for the themes, and had actually lost track of the current one. If I get more organized (not likely) I'll try to post for them, anyway -- it's always an inspiration to give it a try!

I had to drill down to find the tutorial, and may have stumbled on the wrong one at that. Maybe Kerry can give a hint ....

Judy Howle
03-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Wow that's quite an effect! Love the way they radiate out from the brightest spot. I also like the edge treatment.

Christopher Miller
03-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Very nice lighting! The light rays add a very dynamic feel to the image. I like how the yellow light complements the blue of the mist. I use that tutorial all the time for light rays.

Cheryl Slechta
03-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Very dramatic image, Diane. I love the fog rising up from the bottom as well as the gorgeous rays of light:S3:

Paul Lagasi
03-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Very lovely composition, reminds me of those early morning hunting trips, with my Dad. When you were just praying for the sun to come out and warm things up. As soon as it did you could see the fog coming up from the ground...well done

Diane Miller
03-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks, everyone! This was a fun one to do. Nice to be able to share it!

Randall Farhy
03-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Diane, Late to the party-this is really well done. Comp is strong and balanced with a dreamy surrealistic feel to it. Another on the growing list of things to try.

Kerry Perkins
03-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Nice job with the light rays! The tutorial is called "Light Ray Tutorial". :c3: The rays really add to the already moody feel of the image. This one could be an illustration for a spooky story!