PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Air!

Anette Mossbacher
03-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Oryx somewhere in southern Namibia. I have met so many wild living animals during my drive in Namibia, it was a bliss. I came across a stretch which was full with Zebras and Oryx, but they were very shy.
The wavy above the hill and in the BG is boiling air, not noise. I can tame it more, but then it would not as it was… it really was "cooking" hot. i lost a few kg's on that trip, so looking very much forward to the next to loose the Christmas kg's :w3 never to late !!

Brought it into LR, did my usual and a tad more, not to much overall.
In PS only levels, mid tones and a tad slider pushing in colors for the grass in FG and the hill in the BG to separate them more. FF only straightened.

MKIV ISO 200
f/18 1/400
70-200mm f/2.8 II

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Hi Anette, I like the look back posture and cropping. The different colours within the composition give a nice layering feel and depth. Why f/18? Ignoring the whites/highights, might try a brightness adj say +8 in select parts, might just give a bit more hint of that 'cooking' hot, to the image & parched grass, just a thought. :w3

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
03-28-2014, 01:58 PM
Stunning landscape and great pose from the oryx/gemsbok, Anette!The crop works for me yet I would also like a pano version just as much.

I have experienced the "boiling air" and strong light quite often, I believe you have handled the conditions extremely well and I like the use of F18 here, it allows the viewer to take notice of the difference in terms of vegetation and to see clearly that beautiful marbled sky which brings so much tranquility to the whole scene. Love the desolation here and especially this surprised oryx who was grazing quietly on his own.

Kind regards,

Anette Mossbacher
03-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi Steve and Gabriela,

thanks a lot for your comments.
the f/18 lolol, this is just me I would say, or I forgot to set it different. I did landscape images before, as far I remember when I have seen all the animals all over I switched fast the lens. As shy as they were I swooped my mind to landscape, that s why f/18. I liked the BG and the boiling pot.
Will add your suggestion Steve and see how it comes out. I have quite a few Oryx in different parts of Namibia in sort of landscape images, they were all very shy, "real wild animals", no fence around or anything!

Thanks so much
have a great eve
ciao Anette

Steve Kaluski
03-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Anette, it's just a thought & figures are personal.

Have a nice weekend and say hi to Ark. :S3:

Anette Mossbacher
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Thanks Steve, Ark is doing very well, his best friend the neighbor girl just said Hi to him. Now he floats on seven clouds :t3

Rachel Hollander
03-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Hi Anette - I like the layers of color here. I saw lots of these, usually running away as we drove up or by. The look back pose and placement in the frame works. You handled the tough conditions well. I'll be interested to see a rp implementing Steve's suggestions.

TFS,
Rachel

Marc Mol
03-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Love the sky and the various layering of colour, a pano might suit here also.

dankearl
03-28-2014, 06:16 PM
I love your animal scapes…..
The layering looks nice and the Oryx is in the perfect place.

Anette Mossbacher
03-29-2014, 08:04 AM
THank you very much Marc, Dan and Rachel,

Rachel here your RP you requested. This is the final.
With pano crop might looks good too, thanks for the suggestions :bg3:

Have a great weekend

Ciao
Anette

Rachel Hollander
03-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Anette - it's a subtle change but it works.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
03-30-2014, 01:14 AM
RP looks great Anette!

Have a great Sunday,

Andreas Liedmann
03-30-2014, 02:10 AM
Hi Anette , i can almost feel the heat.
Like the color layers of the frame , the overall tonality and the placement of the subject in the image. Well done.

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
03-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi Peter, Andreas, Rachel and Gabriela,

thanks so much for your suggestions. Indeed it brings it up a bit more peter with color :bg3:
Will see what I can do today with it :w3

Have a great Sunday

Ciao Anette

Morkel Erasmus
03-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Lovely image design and overall feel here, Anette.
In addition to what's already been said - have you tried a B&W?? :t3

Anette Mossbacher
03-31-2014, 04:00 AM
Thanks Morkel, the B&W is in progress :bg3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette