PDA

View Full Version : Theme Dormouse (C)

John Robinson
03-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Hazel Dormouse
This was taken too long ago for my liking ! about 1975- obviously on film(Ecktachrome 100)
Some Douglas Fir was beingfelled and one of the contractors brought me this which was hibernatingabout 15 foot up in an old blackbirds nest. The shock of hitting the ground started the wake up process and it was much too early in the year. All we could do was keep it somewhere as cold as possible (no not in a fridge ) and wait. Eventually it did get back into a torpid state and saw it through the winter. I kept it for a while and then we released it in the Forest. Didn't need a licence that long ago. Nowadays you can hardly look at one without the right bit of paperwork !!
Photographed with a Pentax S1A and a 50 mm lens Thats all I can remember.
This is a large crop of the copy off the slide- done witha 40mm macro Nikor and a bit of drainppe on the D7100
Cheers
JohnR

Nancy Bell
03-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Incredibly darling! Love the tiny pink feet and the tail curled over the head! Well done for almost 40 years ago and being a copy of a slide!

Don Railton
03-27-2014, 07:15 PM
This is cute overload John... Nice story too.

DON

Neil Burton
03-28-2014, 03:04 AM
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute.

John Robinson
03-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank you all.
Am booking a Safari trip - if I can get a one day jobbie cheap !!
We have the West Mids safarie Park 2 minutes down the road but its a tenner to get in !
JohnR