PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food!

gail bisson
03-26-2014, 02:35 PM
This female common merganser was being chased by the other mergansers. I am sad to say that she did lose the flounder to another duck.
Canon 1DX
600mm and 1.4x
1/3200 f 9 ISO 800
PP: Small crop to pano, cloned in blue water at the top ( see original in pane 2), levels, NR to BG, DE and USM to JPEG
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

gail bisson
03-26-2014, 02:36 PM
This is the image with the strip of ice at the top.

Tim Harding
03-26-2014, 03:32 PM
Another great image Gail. Cloning out the ice was the right move. I wonder if you could get away with moving the bird more to the right in the pano (just a little), to give more of a sense of moving across the scene? Do you have more splashing water behind the bird? Overall fantastic!

Mike Poole
03-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Absolutely cracking shot! I love the action, the pose, the trailing water, everything about it. The 'new' background is also better than the original

John Robinson
03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes- great action shotGail and I certainly prefer the second one.
JohnR

Karl Egressy
03-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Wow, striking action shot, Gail. I like the cleaner look of the original.

Miguel Palaviccini
03-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Another stunner from your merganser series. I actually like the bit of sky on the top, although I'd maybe blend it in a bit more. It gives me a sense of you being lower to eye level.

Either way, another fantastic capture. Maybe just take a little bit off the bottom?

William Dickson
03-27-2014, 03:19 AM
Brilliant action shot. Well done Gail :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
03-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Super shot Gail wonderful action and detail the fish is crystal clear. Regarding the ice at the top, I don't mind it but I like both versions, I would suggest however a little bit more head room (maybe a sliver less at the bottom?) may improve even further - love it!

gail bisson
03-27-2014, 06:12 AM
Another great image Gail. Cloning out the ice was the right move. I wonder if you could get away with moving the bird more to the right in the pano (just a little), to give more of a sense of moving across the scene? Do you have more splashing water behind the bird? Overall fantastic!

Hi Tim,
I don't have any more room front or back.Wish I did! Thanks for your comments.
Gail

Jim Crosswell
03-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Great action you captured here Gail! I like the splash, water drops, IQ and exposure. I'm going with the OP.

Stu Bowie
03-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Hi Gail, lots of action here, and what I really like in this is the 'flapping' body of the flounder, either still struggling to breathe, or from the running of the merganser. Love the flying droplets.

David Salem
03-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Very cool action shot Gail. Love the water splashing and the position of the flounder as he is being tossed about as the mergie is taking off. Like it without the ice best. Nice work.