70-200mm with 1.4X 280mm
F8
ISO-100
1/250
hh

Your comments please...Terry Johnson:S3:

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2014, 05:24 PM
These colours look absolutely spot on to me, I also like the DOF. The background is less than ideal (from a coffee table viewpoint) but having said that I think the pansies are well conveyed in their natural setting, the pansise are so attention seeking I do not find the background too intrusive though I suspect I may have done something about the two long leaves.

Jerry van Dijk
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Exposure is spot on and details on the flowers are amazing. I'm not very happy with the composition, though. The viewing angle is a bit odd (view from the top, I guess?), there is a lot going on in the BG and there are two flowers that are cut of by the edge of the frame. My guess is that it would be difficult in your setting to get a lower angle with a clean BG. In that case, you might try to fill the frame with the flowers. With the details you are able to produce with this setup, the result could be quite spectacular!

Steve Maxson
03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi Terry. Excellent overall sharpness on your subjects and the exposure is very well handled with detail in the whites - and in the shadows. I would tend to agree with Jerry's comments about the comp. I would suggest toning down the bright areas of the background as they are drawing my eye. A little tighter crop all around might also help to reduce the number of distracting elements. You might also consider using a diffusion screen for sunlit shots like this - this will result in a beautiful filtered, and relatively even light. Overall, this is nicely done - and a few tweaks will make it even better.