PDA

View Full Version : TIred of waiting for summer

Nancy Bell
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
I was browsing through some previous flower images for color while I'm still in winter's cold & windy grip. Found this from August in Oregon.

Topaz Simplify 4 oil paint III, a layer of underpaint to soften colors, another layer of oil paint III on the main flower only, some PS adustments and Nik Color Efex image borders.

Hazel Grant
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
I like th effect. I think if it were mine I might crop off a big from the top, but that's just me. Nice colors.

Cheryl Slechta
03-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Beautiful, bright colors, Nancy. I especially like the effect of the underpainting. Springs is here in Florida:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
03-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Beautiful colours Nancy. We still have a lot of snow on the ground.:bugeyed: I thought you were learning how to "paint". Nice work.

Nancy Bell
03-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Hazel, good crop suggestion and I immediately executed.

Thanks Cheryl (I envy your spring!) and Jackie. This would good to practice painting on.

Kerry Perkins
03-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Love the colors and painterly look you achieved. The colors definitely warm up even the coldest day! Where I live, we don't look forward to summer so much... We already had, a couple of weekends ago, temperatures in the 90's!

Mark Fuge
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Nice image and use of the options available, Nancy. Like the effect of the underpainting, have never been able to make that work the way I wanted. Will have to try again.

I don't know about spring, maybe the fact that Cheryl is inland makes a difference. It's a little cool here yet, though that is based on our knowledge of Florida temps, not the Midwest temps I grew up with! ; > ) Back there the snows have still been flying! I'll stay here with the 50s - 60s.

Christopher Miller
03-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Beautiful colors and composition, Nancy. Love the painterly look.

Spring is definitely LATE here in New England. Low of 10 F tonight. I'm more than ready for winter to be over!

Dennis Bishop
03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
I like the composition and the mix of warm and cool colors (in appropriate proportion for what inspired the image). You set up the shot nicely to have the main flowers in a good position relative to the colors in the background.

Nancy Bell
03-27-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone! Comments much appreciated.

Diane Miller
03-28-2014, 03:15 PM
The composition here really grabs me, with the subtle stuff at he bottom edge to keep my eye in the frame. The range of oranges is wonderful, with a touch of green for a compliment. The artistic treatment is perfect! An 11 on a scale of 1-10!

Judy Howle
03-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Beautiful bold colors and very effective technique with the layers of Simplify. Very creative and well done.

Anita Bower
03-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the tip on Underpaint. I'd never used it, just tried it for same purpose, and it worked. :-)
Wonderful bright image. A boost in this late-to-come spring. A burst of welcome color. You did an excellent job in making the main flowers stand out, with the ones at the bottom next and in support, and then a less clear background. I like those three layers.