PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Out for a Drive

Cheryl Slechta
03-24-2014, 08:08 AM
At the last minute I decided to go to a Carriage Driving Competition last Saturday. I had never been before (it's an annual event) and I was totally unprepared - I didn't know the course, the classes, etc. Next year I'll be prepared and get a photographer's pass so that I'll know the course and can get into the obstacles that are roped off which should produce some interesting shots. This shot was taken as one of the contestants was driving across a field. I shot it with a long shutter speed and then used Nik Analog Efex to get a kind of antique effect.
Thanks for looking:S3:

Nancy Bell
03-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Sounds like a very interesting event to attend. I really like the feel of motion in this and that the bkgd visually recedes (color-wise & detail-wise), allowing the horse and carriage to stand out. The vintage look also puts this emotionally in the past when the horse & carriage was common. Well seen and processed!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Could be an archival photo Cheryl. I like the processing and the BG blur.

Kerry Perkins
03-25-2014, 04:46 PM
I really like the aged look of the image, reminds me so much of scenes from my youth (what I remember of it!) in rural Indiana. Very nice treatment and composition.

Anita Bower
03-29-2014, 05:58 AM
I think you achieved your look. I like the sense of motion created by the blur--effective. I also like the tones.