PDA

View Full Version : Flowers on a freeway wall

Terry Johnson
03-23-2014, 11:10 PM

I was driving down the freeway and noticed a beautiful freeway retaining wall covered in flowers.

Nikon D40
1/80
f5.6
55mm
hh
ISO-200

I had to reduce the size so much the image is starting to break down...Terry Johnson

Steve Maxson
03-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Hi Terry. These look like leaves rather than flowers :S3: - nevertheless, you captured a beautiful sea of color! The even light works very well here and you did a good job of getting most everything into your DOF at f/5.6. I can imagine that this looks great at full resolution, but that with this much detail, the image (as you note) would lose a lot when resized to fit the parameters of this forum. You might try increasing the contrast just a bit to see if it is an improvement. Overall, this is well done!

Nancy Bell
03-25-2014, 12:52 PM
I really like the repeating patterns of these leaves totally filling the frame, and the brilliant, saturated colors! I do like that there are some scattered lighter colors for variation that also provide a bit of visual flow. I am sure at full resolution this a gorgeous.

Jonathan Ashton
03-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Wow that is colourful! Very easy on the eye I like the image but there is a saying less is more I wonder had you gone in to produce an image with say, oh perhaps, 10 leaves by 10 leaves what the result would have been?

John Robinson
03-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Make a great puzzle !! Interesting shot.
JohnR

Jerry van Dijk
03-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Very nice, Terry! I like the colors and the repetitive pattern of the leaves. Too bad that it suffers from the compression, it will look spectacular in full resolution!