PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie moving to different perch

Nancy A Elwood
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi all. Had a great time with James yesterday!!! Wonderful host! Learned a lot with great opportunities! This is one with yes using 51 point 3D, yes I said 3D and the setting of long with focus tracking. Taken with the D300 and Nikon 500 f4, f8.0, iso 500, 1/2000, ex -1.00.

http://pnelwood.phanfare.com/show/external/546101/766216/39736802/file.jpg

Harold Davis
05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
fantastic nancy, love the light and the action. congrats on the trip. i'm jealous!!!

Nancy A Elwood
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
fantastic nancy, love the light and the action. congrats on the trip. i'm jealous!!!

Thanks Harold! I had a terrific time!!

Juan Aragonés
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Wow, that is a very nice action and excelent exposure Nancy. i suggest to clone out the small grren stuff at the bottom right and maybe the "mountain" like area of the perch at the right (but not sure). The feets/legs are outstanding. Superb image all around. congratulations and thanks for posting

Nancy A Elwood
05-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, that is a very nice action and excelent exposure Nancy. i suggest to clone out the small grren stuff at the bottom right and maybe the "mountain" like area of the perch at the right (but not sure). The feets/legs are outstanding. Superb image all around. congratulations and thanks for posting

Juan thanks!:) I tried cloning out the bigger perch area on the left, but somehow it did not look right. I thought of it balancing out the bigger perch area on the birds right, where he was landing.

Jim Poor
05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Real nice and sharp with a good action pose. I think the slope of the limb add to the sense of motion.

Gus Cobos
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi Nancy, I like the composition and flight angle of your spoonie. I cloned out the green leaves and the triangular perch on the right side of the frame to give the image a smoother transition for the landing. In addition, I gave it a tad more of contrast, increased the hue slightly and gave you a slight touch of sharpening. What do you think???:D:D:D

Nancy A Elwood
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi Nancy, I like the composition and flight angle of your spoonie. I cloned out the green leaves and the triangular perch on the right side of the frame to give the image a smoother transition for the landing. In addition, I gave it a tad more of contrast, increased the hue slightly and gave you a slight touch of sharpening. What do you think???:D:D:D

Like everything you did, except maybe the cloning of the right side out. The grass I see cloning out. The bird was landing on that branch, so I thought it gave it a balance. But, that is IMHO. Thanks for you comments!:)

Blake Shadle
05-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Great work using 51 point 3D long tracking, Nancy ;)

James Shadle
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Nancy,
Great working with you and great job capturing this image with a very narrow window of opportunity.
As stated, the 3D AF tracking worked well, as this is a nice sharp image.
On my monitor, I prefer the image you posted to the re-post (re-poster, thanks for taking the time to do that!).

Looking at the image data I noticed you photographed this @ 1 stop less than the metered value.
Did you need to bring the image up in the conversion process or were there elements cropped out that would influence the meter enough to reduce the exposure?

Nancy A Elwood
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Nancy,
Great working with you and great job capturing this image with a very narrow window of opportunity.
As stated, the 3D AF tracking worked well, as this is a nice sharp image.
On my monitor, I prefer the image you posted to the re-post (re-poster, thanks for taking the time to do that!).

Looking at the image data I noticed you photographed this @ 1 stop less than the metered value.
Did you need to bring the image up in the conversion process or were there elements cropped out that would influence the meter enough to reduce the exposure?

I did not have to bring up the image at all after cropping. The light just seemed to be right with that ec dialed in. All the best to you James and hope to be out with you again!:)