PDA

View Full Version : Question for displaying panoramas

carole wiley
05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I really like the pano format and was wondering where people get them printed and how you display them....on foam board? Framed? Do you have to do the printing yourself? This seems like a whole different world from standard formats bur certainly worth the time and effort. They are breath taking!

Thanks to all of you for posting your work, I find it inspiring.

david cramer
05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
There are several ways to do this. I print my own, and have the dry mounted on archival foam core, then matted and framed. I use acrylic glassing on these to keep the weight down. A local photogapher who is quite successful with his panos has them laminated on some kind of hard backing board. They look very nice that way too.

Robert Amoruso
05-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I have moved this the the Digital Photography Workflow Discussion Forum as this forum is for image posting and critiquing only. I hope you understand and PM sent Carole.

I print my own either using my Epson R2400 or 4800 using roll paper. If you are printing at home, roll paper is the want to go. This allows me to print either 13" or 17" wide on the aforementioned printers and to whatever lenght I deem appropriate for the image.

I also use White House Custom Color. They are excellent and do just about anything you need.

David Kennedy
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I also print them at home, on roll paper. Of course, after printing them, they have a slight curl to them. Some day I might splurge and buy a D-Roller, as featured in one of Michael Reichmann's articles here (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/d-roller.shtml). However, once locked down to the foam board with some linen tape and mylar corners, and with a matte on top, all traces of the "curly" nature of the print disappear. Unfortunately, because panoramas can really take on any proportion and scale, you have to have them custom framed (or frame them yourself).

If you don't have a printer that can take roll paper, I, too, have heard great things about White House Custom Color.