PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Cades Cove

Judy Howle
03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
I added 3 textures in various layers and blend modes and masked the interior of the one with the edge. I also added an orange-ish photo filter to give it a more antique look.

Nancy Bell
03-19-2014, 01:44 PM
This does have a very nice antique look! Lovely, peaceful scene that is well captured in the pano format. I like the 3-layer effect of rich green foreground, blue mountains middle ground and the puffy clouds for the top layer of sky. I'm glad we can still see the individual tree at each extreme edge of the tree line. They provide subtle anchor points.

Anita Bower
03-19-2014, 04:21 PM
I like the picture a lot, but I'm not so fond of one of the textures. The layers of meadow, trees, mountains and sky are lovely and in pleasing proportions. The clouds are especially nice. It is a pleasing and peaceful scene. The texture that gives a rough texture look is the one I'm not fond of.

Judy Howle
03-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks Anita. I just wanted to try a rough one for a change. I actually smoothed it a lot!

Kerry Perkins
03-21-2014, 02:57 PM
I like this image a lot, and the rough texture gives it a look I have seen on landscapes painted on wood shingles. I have seen these at county fairs and art fairs in rural areas. I agree that the trees on either side of the frame really work well to hold the composition together.

Cheryl Slechta
03-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Sorry I'm late. Nice image, Judy - I like the antique look a lot:S3: