PDA

View Full Version : Wasp!

Ramon M. Casares
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi there, here's another macro shot, I am alergic to these little guys sting, so this was an adventure to me hahaha, hope you all like it!

XT + canon 100mm macro + 2 flashes
Tv 200
Av 16
Iso 200
Raw
Full frame

Have a very nice day!

Julie Kenward
05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Very nice Ramon! Great detail, sharpness and perfect BG! I wouldn't mind seeing just a tad more canvas around him...he feels a little tight to me.

Robert O'Toole
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Great Paper Wasp image Ramon, DOF, sharpness,BG all super, great job. I especially like the angle you used so that you have great eye contact!

Agree with Julie about the canvas, also I would darken the bright abdomen area with a mask. Otherwise great as is.

Robert

Sid Overbey
05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Beautiful shot of this guy. I am allergic to wasp stings as well, so I doubt I will try to take any shots of them. I agree that a little more canvas would be nice.

Blake Shadle
05-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Great work, Ramon! Excellent detail and background. I agree with the previous suggestions of adding canvas all around. Beautiful image!

Gus Cobos
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Ramon,
You got yourself one killer image...:eek: I love the composition and exposure, nice crisp details and the colors are fantastic...:D

Ramon M. Casares
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Thank you all very much for you insights, with macro, when one is a bigginer, usually tries the best magnification possible, getting because of this, subjects that look tight in the frame, I should try to get a little more air arround the subjects, so thank you all again, for your kind suggestions!! Have a nice day everybody!

Gayle Clement
05-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Awesome sharp clear image!

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi Ramon.......sorry I'm late!!! ..........don't add too much room!.............Robert's suggestion of toning down the highlight on the body is the only thing I feel is needed overalll. Very nicely done!

John Cooper
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Love this in-your-face capture of the wasp Ramon. Although there is some justification arguing for extra canvas I think this presentation works very well. The full frame capture is an excellent study of the insects body-parts shown in great detail, and nicely composed on the diagonal. Love it!!!

Harold Davis
05-17-2008, 04:47 AM
wow, ramone!! this is awesome. the detail is killer and the bg compliments the wasp perfectly! great job!!!!