PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Van Gogh Bosque del Apache

Cheryl Slechta
03-18-2014, 10:53 AM
This was taken in November at the Bosque after the snowfall. I took it into Topaz Simpify and used the Color Sketch II preset and masked back in a lot of the image about 50%. As soon as I clicked on the preset I immediately thought of Van Gogh so I stayed with the preset - I usually don't use that one but it seemed to fit. I cropped out a foreground of snow.

Kerry Perkins
03-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Really cool image Cheryl! Bosque certainly lends itself to panoramic shots with the limitless open space. I like the effect you created, it does give a nice painterly effect. I'm going to have to look for other images, as I was going to post a pano from Bosque too. :c3:

Dennis Bishop
03-18-2014, 01:45 PM
Van Gogh for sure!!! It's a wonderful shade of blue and a sky worthy of capture. I like that the lines in the sky point toward the mountain. Even though there's not a lot of foreground, it has enough interest and color to complement the sky. Very nicely done.

Cheryl Slechta
03-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks, Kerry and Dennis. Kerry - there can never be too many Bosque images:S3:

Nancy Bell
03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Cheryl, all your images from Bosque have been so creative! This has a wonderfully expressive "van Gogh" sky punctuated with those few interesting shapes of turquoise & pale gold! The foreground and mountains are pure "Bosque" and anchor this well. I really like the subtle white glow of the distant snow stretching across the horizon.

Paul Lagasi
03-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Very painterly, like the resulting sky , so many great opportunities at Bosque. Well Done

Anita Bower
03-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Marvelous sky! Yes, like Van Gogh. I personally think the mountains and land need to be a bit bolder to compete with the beautiful sky.