PDA

View Full Version : More Wave Reflections

Michael Pancier
05-15-2008, 06:16 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2493862611_9bfe020ff3_o.jpg

Another one from the Second Wave. The melted snow gave some reflection shot photo ops.

Thanks to Viveza, I was able to salvage the sky without using HDR.

5d + 24-70L @ 2.8
1/125
f/11
ISO 200
Polarizer

Robert Amoruso
05-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Michael,

I like the composition and reflections. I felt that the pool looked a little flat and had a yellowish-green cast. Took the image into PS, did a selection on the pool, and then a curves adjustment pulling the upper 1/4 of the curve left and up to lighten it up. This accentuated the color cast. Using the same selection, I did a selective color adjustment just adding 40$ magenta to the yellows. Might still what to mess with the colors more if you wish to try this. Using the same selection again, I did another curves adjustment selecting the linear contrast preset in PSCS3 to amp up contrast a bit. Results posted here.

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Michael,
Very fortunate to have the reflection opportunities!..........I think Robert may have lightened the water a bit much for my tastes.........as the reflection is almost the same tone as the BG waves........(he over Split ND it! :D).......and that's close to impossible!!! ........but I do agree with the color correction...makes it more pleasing. My only recommendation may seen silly..........but the circular bright spot, in the shadow area and the reflection spot) has to go for my tastes........I just put the mouse cursor over it and liked it better.
Very nicely done compositionally.

Michael Pancier
05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Roman which spot?

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
This is what happens with explanations........so much easier to show pic!

Gus Cobos
05-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Very nice Michael,
Your image looks like a fine art painting... I like it...:D

Gayle Clement
05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
This is really beautiful, Michael. I love the curves and reflection.

Robert Amoruso
05-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Hi Michael,
Very fortunate to have the reflection opportunities!..........I think Robert may have lightened the water a bit much for my tastes.........as the reflection is almost the same tone as the BG waves........(he over Split ND it! :D).......and that's close to impossible!!! ........but I do agree with the color correction...makes it more pleasing. My only recommendation may seen silly..........but the circular bright spot, in the shadow area and the reflection spot) has to go for my tastes........I just put the mouse cursor over it and liked it better.
Very nicely done compositionally.

On second thought I would go back a darken it up some more. I did not notice that "spot", but now that you pointed it out my eye goes right too it.

Alfred Forns
05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Sure like the end result !!!! Roman I think your post has a little more contrast which seems to have made the difference.

david cramer
05-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Nice to you got some water to work with in those rocks, and a good composition! I like the revision, as the reflection did seem too yellowish. The sky seems too dark to my eyes, considering it looks like a bright sunny day.