PDA

View Full Version : Crested Pigeon

John Cooper
05-15-2008, 05:12 AM
The iridescent bars seen on the wing are visible only if the light angle is just right.

Canon EOS 5, Canon 100-400mm, ISO 100, Natural light plus fill flash, 1/125 F11, Tripod/Hide

Jim Poor
05-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Really neat bird. I remember the firs time I saw them.

The whites on the bird and some of the lighter areas of the perch are pretty hot.

Gus Cobos
05-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Very nice John. I like the composition and the look on your bird. The background makes the bird pop...:cool:

Joe Senzatimore
05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Great eye contact as well as what is already mentioned. The wing bars show up real well.

Glenn Bartley
05-15-2008, 10:33 AM
What a gorgeous species. The sheen on the wings is beautiful. I just wish for a bir more space all around this one.

David Steele
05-15-2008, 12:51 PM
A lovely photograph of a beautiful bird John - the iridescent bars are fantastic as is the bird's eye - and everything is pin sharp too. However, continuing on from Jim's Poor's comments, I would suggest the whole image is a bit bright. In this example I've reduced brightness and contrast slightly and, to make up for any loss, have at the same time increased the saturation slightly. The downside of this 'redo' is that the crest is starting to get lost in the background.

John Cooper
05-15-2008, 11:15 PM
A lovely photograph of a beautiful bird John - the iridescent bars are fantastic as is the bird's eye - and everything is pin sharp too. However, continuing on from Jim's Poor's comments, I would suggest the whole image is a bit bright. In this example I've reduced brightness and contrast slightly and, to make up for any loss, have at the same time increased the saturation slightly. The downside of this 'redo' is that the crest is starting to get lost in the background.

Thanks David, yes the tones in the bird look better in your repost. Its almost identical to the original capture but I lightened it a tad in PS - I think I was influenced by the darker BG :confused:

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa
05-19-2008, 01:43 AM
I live the original one - lovely birds, pose and the bokeh at the BG is superb!