PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sierra and Alabama Hills

Steve Bein
05-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Pre Dawn, alpinlight on the sierras, neat rock formations in the alabama Hills and at this low res, hard to appreciate. I have a 17"x80" print hanging in my living room. It is tack sharp and I people say it looks like a window into reality. I hope this shows ok at this low resolution. I bought an Epson pro 4000 printer and then made this image. I am very happy with the results. About 6 images stitched. leveled tripod, manually overlapped the shots.

Michael Pancier
05-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I'd love to see this large beautiful. what type of set up?

Robert Amoruso
05-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Steve,

A grand view to be sure and great light. Please post the technical information on its creation such as equipment used, exposure, number of images stitched, programs used.

David Kennedy
05-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Steve,
I agree that it's difficult to see some of the details in an image like this, which is one of the reasons I might suggest that in the future you forgo the gray "frame" and allow those (precious) pixels be devoted to the image itself. One thing I might suggest is that I think I see some halos along the ridges of the mountains, but I don't know if those are visible in the final print or if they were produced in the process of downsizing this image for web view?