PDA

View Full Version : Simple conversion

Kerry Perkins
03-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Not a very technical image, but a simple b&w conversion sometimes brings out interesting nuances. This was captured at Paramount Ranch, in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation area. Nik Silver Efex Pro. Lots of detail was lost in sizing this image for BPN, as there is a lot of pixel density.

Dennis Bishop
03-16-2014, 03:32 PM
This is a great scene with a wonderful range of tones and textures. The sun, the shadows, the clouds, and the landscape all work together very effectively. Great capture and processing.

Nancy Bell
03-16-2014, 04:29 PM
This would be lovely to see at full size. I like the sunlight coming in at an angle and backlighting the trees and throwing interesting shadows on the bare ground.

gary ellwein
03-16-2014, 11:42 PM
I like the wide tonal range and varied textures. I also like the comp. with the curving path leading you through the image.

Paul Lagasi
03-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Very nice effect and composition, awesome as a B & W, to my eyes it almost seems to need a slight CW rotation but lovely as it is. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Slechta
03-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Beautiful curving lines in the path and tree branches. I like the B&W conversion. Nice one, Kerry:S3:

Anita Bower
03-19-2014, 06:04 AM
A most pleasing composition. Would love to see it with all the detail you mention. Nice balance of darks and lights throughout. Beautiful trees and shadows.