PDA

View Full Version : House Wren

Binh Nguyen
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/howlercat/4rum3/HouseWren_02.jpg

I've finally got myself a 400mm f5.6 lens last week (no more of the 70-200mmm f2.8 + 2.0x TC). Still trying to get to know this lens. Exif is intact. Any tips and pointers about this lens is greatly appreciated! :)

Lana Hays
05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Binh
Congrats on the fine lens......you'll love it. I used it mainly for flight images but did put a TC on it once to get some shorebirds. The one thing that I had to remember was the minimum focus distance.....perhaps one reason why it's such a good/fast flight lens. The wren looks good with detail. I'm not sure about the OOF greenery behind him. I also might have given him a little more room all around.

Jim Poor
05-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Real nice sharpness and catching him with the mouth open is a plus. Rather than giving more room, my preference would be a crop from the right to just eliminate the green leaf on the edge.

Binh Nguyen
05-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Lana and Jim, thanks so much for your C&C's. Very much appreciated for your time to help an amateur like myself. This will help me to work much harder to achieve my goal! Thanks again!

Brian Kersey
05-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Nice shot Binh. Congrats on the new lens, looks like your already making it work for you. Did you use ext. tubes with this shot? I really like the sharpness and the position of the subject, good job.