PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Pipit

Holger Leyrer
03-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Hello,

back from Texel (Netherlands). Weather was good, bad, not so good, bad, bad, not so bad, ... :e3.
But every day we go out to capture birds.
This is my first Meadow Pipit image.

I like more room around the bird here.

Canon 1D MKIV * Canon EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM * f/6.3 * 1/800s * ISO 400 * Berlebach Wood-Tripod * Sachtler Fluid Head

All comments welcome

Karl Egressy
03-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Nice looking bird and excellent singing pose captured, Holger.
Congrats on your lifer.

keith mitchell
03-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Holger I do like the pose you have captured and your idea for room around the bird is a good,congrats on your first.

Missy Mandel
03-15-2014, 05:20 PM
I too like the composition and the beautiful background. A nice nature story with the singing bird

Daniel Cadieux
03-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Glad you got some good images, and congrats on the lifer! Nice singing pose, neat perch (especially like some of the mosses on the branches), and well placed subject within the frame. Sweet BG. I do find the four long bright branches in lower right corner a distraction though.

douglas hayes
03-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a normal trip with the weather delays, however the sweet light you have here brings out the birds personality and warm BG with just a touch of green. Our pipits rarely perch on branches.

Frank Schauf
03-16-2014, 04:09 AM
Excellent details, love the perch, great pose, very nice background, and nice light.

christopher galeski
03-16-2014, 04:12 AM
nice capture,love the BG,and the singing pose.

Stu Bowie
03-16-2014, 05:32 AM
Hi Holger, lovely singing pose perched high on the bush, and great that we can see the tongue. I do like the smooth BG, and agree, removing the four bright grasses/reeds wont harm the image.

Congrats on getting your first image of this species.

Marina Scarr
03-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Glad you made the most of your trip, even though you were faced with some not so great weather. I think you did a great job with this image. Love the pose, the perch and the BG. While I would prefer the image without the long grasses on the right, I Find this to be a very pleasing image as is. We can't help what nature hands us.

Satish Ranadive
03-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Very sweet image with beautiful color pallet. Nice perch,singing pose, perch and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Hello Holger,
This image is well processed and presented, and I like the four "porcupine quills" :w3on the RHS, they seem to balance this image perfectly. Killer BG, nice and sharp, lovely pose, just wondering about that lighter bit on the RHS, behind your signature- almost looks like it has beed dodged?

Kind regards,

Sidharth Kodikal
03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Love the singing pose with the tongue showing. I like your comp with all the room around. Nice bird placement, perch and clean bg. Congrats!

Holger Leyrer
03-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

just wondering about that lighter bit on the RHS, behind your signature- almost looks like it has beed dodged?

Hello Gabriela,

my english is not so good and i can't translate beed and RHS. If you mean the brighter streak about the signature? This is a blade of grass which is closer to the lens.