PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Squares, Rectangles and Circles, Oh My!

Cheryl Slechta
03-14-2014, 06:12 PM
I posted a similar image last year - this is a view of the pools of water that you walk over to enter the Harn Museum of Art. I love all of the different shapes. I used several filters, all very minimally. Nik Tonal Contrast and Detail Extractor then film grain and finally PS Poster Edge. All very geometric except for the wonderful little leaf in the upper part of the image.
Thanks for looking:S3:

Nancy Bell
03-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Cheryl, this is a marvelous abstract! I love the curves in the sand? gravel? and the mottling in the stones contrasting with the straight lines. Wonderful collection of textures, also. I don't see how these are pools of water. Are they empty? And the round things pennies? I would probably crop just below the heavy black shape, as that seems too solid for the rest of the image. For some reason, this image feels very Zen-like to me.

Dennis Bishop
03-14-2014, 08:43 PM
I really like the mix of colors, shapes, and textures. That lone leaf is a great element. Although similar to some of the other colors and in size to the coins, it's different enough to add something special to the image. I think I like that black area at the top. It provides a nice contrast with the other colors and, in a way, balances the dark coins.

Judy Howle
03-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Well seen and photographed Cheryl. A wonderful mix of textures and colors!

gary ellwein
03-15-2014, 12:12 AM
Cheryl, I like the progression from large to medium to small along with the variation in color and texture. The sand patterns , pennies and lone leaf add interest. I particularly like the sand hook.

Cheryl Slechta
03-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi, Nancy, the pools are filled with water - I waited until the jets weren't shooting out water and it was still. The one I posted earlier had rippling water so it was easier to tell. The round things are pennies. I like the dark shape at the top because the bottom edge looks like the same shape as the shape in the sand below it. Also - I love the inverted "V" at the corner (don't ask me why - I have no idea:S3:)

Cheryl, this is a marvelous abstract! I love the curves in the sand? gravel? and the mottling in the stones contrasting with the straight lines. Wonderful collection of textures, also. I don't see how these are pools of water. Are they empty? And the round things pennies? I would probably crop just below the heavy black shape, as that seems too solid for the rest of the image. For some reason, this image feels very Zen-like to me.

Anita Bower
03-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Very nice! I like the simplicity and peacefulness of it. Lovely subtle colors. Many shapes. I especially like the little black rocks. Well seen and edited.