PDA

View Full Version : Photographer at Glacier

Gayle Clement
05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
This is one from Glacier National Park last September. I have the same scene without the photographers (there's two of them, one right in front of the other), but I think they added something.
Nikon D2X
Nikon 24-120 VR
1/500s @ f/11
-1.7 EV
ISO 100

gary rouleau
05-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Gayle that is gorgeous. Even though I don't like people in my photos this really works for me. The tones are awesome. I wouldn't change a thing but I would like to see a crop of the back mountain on its own. Something like this. What do you think?

gary

Robert Amoruso
05-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Gayle,

Lovely scene and I like the addition of the photographers. Makes it very sellable. Plus good idea to get one w/o them. I feel that you capture the grandeaur well with the inclusion of the FG field and placement of the bushes help to balance the image. Even the photographer(s) help to balance it so good placement on them. Overall, it looks dark. I took it into PS and using the Shadows/Highlights adjustment at Shadows: Amount = 40, Tonal Width = 30, Radius = 30: Highlights all to zero; Midtone Contrast to +10 to yield the image here.

When using S/H, make sure to adjust the Midtone Contrast slider as you will be reducing contrast when correcting the shadows using it.

Nice work.

Michael Pancier
05-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I love capturing photographers in areas like this for the scale and the accent to the scene. Lovely image.

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Gayle,
I like what Robert did with the re-post......as it was also dark on my monitor. I'm with Gary as far as people in my image goes.............but this one works...........he couldn't possibly have picked a better color shirt........and IMO balances out the FG.........without him........I would probably use Gary's pano crop.
Very nicely done!

Gus Cobos
05-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Gayle, Congrats... I like it the way it is the colors of the mountains and sky are great...:D

Gayle Clement
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks, everyone. Robert I agree that it's a bit dark in the posted version. Thanks for your work. Gary, I took several photos and stitched them. I'll have to post the pano. You may like it!
I agree about the jacket, Roman. The only color I would have like more would have been bright blue!

gary rouleau
05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Gayle this photo already knocked my socks off. YOU HAVE MORE! Let me get the pacemaker out first.

gary