PDA

View Full Version : Mount Telde, Tenerife, Spain

Jay Gould
03-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Mount Teide, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, Sunset

Amazing roads in the Canaries; exceptionally narrow and winding. At places you have to wait so another car can get around the hairpin turns; sucks when the busses come along.

Here, you drive up and up and up and you find yourself in the thick clouds with terrible visibility. Then you are through the clouds and into a vast playground above the clouds.

I was able to grab this from the side of the road as I was heading down; it was freezing cold!

EM-1; Pana 12-35@f/11; 5 Image HDR Photomatix; ISO 100

dankearl
03-15-2014, 01:32 AM
Jay,
I have to say, the clear cut FG here does not lend itself to a nice photo.
Love the light and the clouds...

Jason Stander
03-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Hi Jay... beautiful image... lovely lights and clean lines and comp... I find that the fg might be slightly too light... maybe darken the shadow area in front... otherwise WD!:w3

Don Railton
03-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Hi Jay,

Sorry, but I am not too keen on the FG either.. more like nature interrupted than interpreted...Do like the clouds and the gradient in the sky though. Would crop bottom to make the standing timber start in the LRH corner... diagonals work better IMHO, and loosing the faint FG path into the image is not a loss as I see it.

DON

Andrew McLachlan
03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi Jay, I really like the clouds and the glow on the horizon. For an environmental photo the clear-cutting in the foreground works very well, but for a landscape print on the wall, not so much. Very nicely done. It is always good to capture images that depict what we have done / are doing to the planet.

Morkel Erasmus
03-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Nice scene Jay - and the processing looks quite natural for a Photomatix photo.
I love the clouds and the mountain, but agree with Dan the FG is a problem here. I'd crop pano (think 16x9 or so) and make it all about the top 60% of the image.
There's a slight halo around the mountain - or so it seems - too. :t3