PDA

View Full Version : Preening Snowy

gail bisson
03-14-2014, 05:23 AM
The lovely snowy was found near the road preening. She was initially perched on a fence post about 100 feet away but flew in closer to this wonderful weathered post.
She preened for about a half hour, then flew to the ground. I think this must be a favorite perch because I think that is a regurgitated food pellet on the ground.
She then flew off to go after another owl that flew into it's territory. Needless to say I have about a million shots but I like this one.
Canon 1DX
F 600mm
and 1.4X III
ISO 800 f9 1/1250
Small crop to square .Cloned out a thin tree trunk in the BG on LHS and 1 piece of wire that was intersecting with the belly
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

keith mitchell
03-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Gail sure wish I had a million shots like this, it's a work of art in my eyes, love to see birds in a relaxed and calm natural pose.

Keith.

Iain Barker
03-14-2014, 08:25 AM
What a lovely image Gail and I wish I could get just one shot like that.
I find the snow patches in the background draw my attention slightly and wonder if toning them down a bit would stop that.

TFS
Iain

Karl Egressy
03-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Beautiful setting and nice pose for this Snowy Owl, Gail. It could be here in Southern Ontario just as well. Love it!!!!

Richard Unsworth
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Classic - the picture takes you right in to the serenity of the scene. This is what the art is all about!

dankearl
03-15-2014, 01:19 AM
I like the fence setting a lot, surprising, but it works with the pose and the Owl.
The wire and weeds look old and weathered and almost steal the show.

christopher galeski
03-15-2014, 05:00 AM
very arty image Gail,love the old post and rusty wire and dead grass,and I like the preening pose,nice soft light.

Stu Bowie
03-15-2014, 06:58 AM
Hi Gail, with a face like that, the snowy can only be enjoying his preening session. Well exposed against the snow BG, and the old wooden fence post does have character.

Marina Scarr
03-16-2014, 10:41 AM
You already know that I absolutely love this image with all of its elements! It's just so unique and the pose is great! Well seen and executed.

Satish Ranadive
03-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Very sweet and artistic frame.

Regards,
Satish.