PDA

View Full Version : Common Snipe.

keith mitchell
03-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Nikon D4
Nikon 300ml 2.8
1/800@f7.1
iso 500

Taken from my car window last summer time, see the Waders are returning to the moorlands so hope for a good time again this year.

Joseph Przybyla
03-12-2014, 03:37 PM
I like it Keith, the green of the BG and on the post work well with the color of the bird. Nice image.

gail bisson
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Hi Keith,
This is very nice. The HA works really nicely with the light direction.
Beautiful light and the IQ in the breast feathers is excellent.
Nice green weathered post and complimentary BG. I really like the splayed toes with the overhanging nail.
This is a very minor issue but I would clone out the little bit of wood sticking out of the RHS of post.
Well done,
gail

Grace Scalzo
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
What a nice look at this bird, Keith. Do you by chance have one with his head turned more toward us? I could also see a more vertical comp...more on the bottom and less on the left. I like the colors, sharpness and depth of field great. Love the feet.

christopher galeski
03-13-2014, 12:50 AM
nice capture Keith,nice pose and BG,pleasant light.

Richard Unsworth
03-13-2014, 01:51 AM
Excellent Keith, good detail, good f stop, well done!

Karl Egressy
03-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Nice light details, sharpness and well framed, Keith. The head turn is not perfect but not bad either.

Derek Willcox
03-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Keith what a nice shot nice framing details and the coy pose well done wish the aussie ones would pose like that for us down under ours run away soon as look at them

keith mitchell
03-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys, I wondered if I had gone a bit over the top with the sharpening on this ,so looks like I might have it right.

Jonathan Ashton
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Lovely shot Keith great detail and exposure. I must admit I did take a second look at the plumage, it may be just slightly over sharpened but not much.

keith mitchell
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks Jonathan like I said I did wonder if I have overdone it,i do not like to see images that are overworked and try to keep to a natural look if I can,is this better?

Jonathan Ashton
03-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Keith the repost does look slightly less crunchy and I think it is better. I am looking closely and am beginning to wonder if some of the "apparent over sharpening" is possibly fine water droplets in addition to the angle of light. I have not noticed over sharpening in your previous images so I suspect this one is a little out of the ordinary ??

keith mitchell
03-14-2014, 08:08 AM
Jonathan there is some water droplets on the bird which I did try to bring out, unsuccessfully I might add. Thanks for your thoughts on this much appreciated.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Nothing common about this superb image of a Common Snipe, Keith! I just love it, love the way the subject is almost looking away, head slightly turned as if teasing the viewer/photographer, not quite looking at you yet there's that feeling that some eye contact was established...

Kind regards,