PDA

View Full Version : THEME - Simple Geometry

Cheryl Slechta
03-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Another building from the downtown Tampa, Florida area. I liked all the repeating shapes and the colors.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
03-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I can see why you were attracted to this. The intersecting lines and shapes as well as the colors make a very nice abstract. I like the way the ceiling lights spark up the left side.

Nancy Bell
03-12-2014, 05:42 PM
This is one of those optical illusions, I can't tell if that is an inner corner or an outer edge! Great bands of repeating color against the horizontal and vertical grid lines. The inside lights look like falling sheets of paper, adding a surprise free-falling feeling to the static pattern of geometric shapes. Well seen and processed!

Cheryl Slechta
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks, Dennis and Nancy. Nancy - I hadn't thought of the lights as falling paper but now that you mention it it looks like they're floating:S3:

Paul Lagasi
03-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Amazing how many geometric shapes you can see in this image. Perfect for the theme. Thanks for sharing.

gary ellwein
03-13-2014, 03:07 PM
It is perfect for the theme. I love the color combo and simplicity of the image.

Kerry Perkins
03-13-2014, 08:42 PM
I really like how you controlled the elements of this image by shooting in close and limiting the view. Nice graphic look and those lights inside are a great bonus, adding a lot of interest. The lights add nice contrast, with different shapes and colors.

Anita Bower
03-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Outstanding colors, shapes, lines, geometry. Even the lights add to the geometry of the image. My only suggestion is to straighten the vertical lines. I love this image. Well done.
I am having a hard time keeping up with commenting on the posts to this forum. Is it especially busy now or am I just not visiting often enough?

Jackie Schuknecht
03-14-2014, 09:01 AM
The reflections really make you figure out inside and outside. I like the lines and patterns and the accent of lights in yellow.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
03-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Cheryl.

Greetings. Great theme post! I particularly like the contribution of the lights to the pattern. I played a little bit with flips and rotates and multiple repeats... lots of interesting possibilities. Thanks for posting. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Wendy Kates
03-14-2014, 01:40 PM
I really like this. I agree with all the comments above, but especially like the combination of color and shape. Well done!

Cheryl Slechta
03-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi, Anita, thanks for your comment. I feel like I'm having a hard time keeping up also:S3:

Outstanding colors, shapes, lines, geometry. Even the lights add to the geometry of the image. My only suggestion is to straighten the vertical lines. I love this image. Well done.
I am having a hard time keeping up with commenting on the posts to this forum. Is it especially busy now or am I just not visiting often enough?

Mitch Carucci
03-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Strong geometric image! Good eye for well balanced composition.