PDA

View Full Version : Wood anenome

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Tripod MLU cable release, Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 +0.67 1/10 sec f11
This is a wild flower growing in the back garden, the background may not be ideal from a photogenic point of view I did a little tidying up physically and in PS, but I didn't want to destroy the natural setting, this is the sort of messy place these flowers grow in. All C&C welcome.

Steve Maxson
03-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi Jon. This is a beautiful spring flower! Nice detail in the whites and I like how the DOF emphasizes the flower while showing enough detail in the leaves that we can identify the plant. Nice comp too. Very well done!

Norm Dulak
03-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Beautiful, Jon. The sharpness of the flower, composition, and subrogation of background elements by reduced sharpness are all excellent.

If it were mine, I would consider doing the following, minor tweaks. There is a black spot on the petal to the right, and I would clone that out. There is also a light area just below and to the left of the blossom, and another just above and to the right of the blossom. I would tone them down. There is also a curved, light colored vertical region on the leaves below the flower and to the right of the stem that I would clone out, so that nothing interfered with the beauty of this image.

But these are all nits. Well done!

Mitch Haimov
03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Nicely composed with pleasing detail. BG dark and OOF enough that it does not bother me at all. A square crop could also work well. Recommend cloning out the dark speck ~2:30.

Jason Stander
03-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Hi Jonathan... flower photography is such a difficult genre... detail and comp is good... I would maybe crop ever so slightly... but otherwise WD!:w3