PDA

View Full Version : Little Tern Chick

Derek Willcox
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
the little tern is endangered in new south wales Australia they come to a spot on the sth coast every year last year no chicks survived turn to this year and they had about 50 fledged which very good
2 Feb 2014 6:46:38 A priority 1/320 f/14 ISO 1000
PP: level adjustments Nik Viveza 2 for other adjustments Efex pro 4 to bring back some whites sharpening and resize for web and cropped off 10% cloned out a blueish shell

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Cute little chick, for me it is just a little too far to the left of the frame, presumably you had a reason for this, perhaps the background was not photogenic.

Derek Willcox
03-12-2014, 06:55 AM
thanks johnathan it was just one of those shot where sand and seaweed was a bit of a distraction and plus didn't think it thru good enough on comp

keith mitchell
03-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Agree with Jonathan about the crop, but that apart it's a cute little chick that looks very good to me.

gail bisson
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Beautiful light and I like the curly black kelp. You were nice and low which is great.
I agree the crop is too tight on the left.
I would clone out all the stuff on the RHS as well. I find that it competes with the chick and doesn't balance the image as one would think.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
03-12-2014, 07:55 PM
Too sweet and vulnerable...and the light is beautifully rich. I love the individual grains of sand. Comp already noted.

Derek Willcox
03-13-2014, 08:08 AM
thanks everyone for you comments i now remember why left that much room to the right i was waiting for for one of the parents to come into frame to feed the chick

Ákos Lumnitzer
03-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Lovely and sharp mate. Comp as noted. Then again, it was great to shoot with you down there on that weekend. Thanks for the invite. Hope to catch up with you soon when you're back home in Sydney.

I am quite disappointed though to learn that some photographers apparently don't show any respect for the signage the National Parks volunteers put up to keep people out of sensitive areas.