PDA

View Full Version : ISO 1600 Rocks in Japan

Arthur Morris
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
This image of a landing Steller’s Sea Eagle was created on the morning of February 21, 2014 at 6:35am on the Japan in Winter IPT with the the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender (hand held with the internal extender in place at 325mm) and the Canon EOS-1D X. ISO 1600. Evaluative metering +2 stops off the ice: 1/800 sec. at f/5.6 in Manual mode. AWB.
Central Sensor/AI Servo-Surround/Rear Focus AF on the bird’s breast right below the head was active at the moment of exposure. Click here (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/10/31/if-this-doesnt-get-the-point-across-nothing-will/) to see the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see a larger version.This image of a landing Steller’s Sea Eagle was created on the morning of February 21, 2014 at 6:35am on the Japan in Winter IPT with the the Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Lens with Internal 1.4x Extender (hand held with the internal extender in place at 325mm) and the Canon EOS-1D X. ISO 1600. Evaluative metering +2 stops off the ice: 1/800 sec. at f/5.6 in Manual mode. AWB.

Central Sensor/AI Servo-Surround/Rear Focus AF on the bird’s breast right below the head was active at the moment of exposure. Click here (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/10/31/if-this-doesnt-get-the-point-across-nothing-will/) to see the latest version of the Rear Focus Tutorial. Click on the image to see a larger version.

See more from this great 363 keeper day in the "Malcolm MacKenzie Can Die a Happy Man" blog post here (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2014/02/22/malcolm-mackenzie-can-die-a-happy-manthe-astounding-versatility-of-the-canon-ef-200-400-with-internal-1-4x-extender-on-the-sea-eagle-boat/).

I was browsing through the day folder and realized that I have a ton of great images to process.... Life is good.

Gary Esman
03-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Awesome wing spread and landing gear! Like the contrast of the bird against the blue sky and the snow perch included. Thanks, Gary.

Karl Egressy
03-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Striking incoming flight image. Love the full stretch wings, fanned tail and the legs ready to land. The light and IQ are amazing.

Derek Willcox
03-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Great image Arthur like the details the snow perch and the concentration look on landing

Raymond Lee
03-11-2014, 08:26 PM
Beautiful image! Nice lighting. Great details. I also love the full wing spread.

Satish Ranadive
03-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Arthur Sir,
Marvelous landing of this beautiful Eagle you have captured. Love the symmetrical wing position, talons, almost transparent tail feathers, beautiful colors.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-11-2014, 10:19 PM
Wow, this is such a great-looking eagle!
The details you achieved on both blacks and whites is fantastic. I love the fanned tail and the beautiful light.

arash_hazeghi
03-12-2014, 12:24 AM
great light and quality. the wingspan is immense, very handsome eagle!

David Salem
03-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Nice incoming shot of this beautiful eagle. Great exposure and I like the detail in the blacks. The pose is awesome and I like the individual primaries showing well. Well done Arthur.

Joseph Przybyla
03-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Arthur, you nailed it....

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2014, 06:00 AM
Artie this is a really superb shot, the outspread wings are beautifully lit the pose is gorgeous and the foreground perch is just in the right place - love it!

gail bisson
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
This is nice, real nice.
I love the head on landing pose and the little "iceberg" tip.
Light is really beautiful. IQ is wonderful.
Nice sky BG with a hint of cloud.
My only suggestion would be to fix the "yellow snow" on the left hand side of the snow peak. Did you do a linear burn on this area?
Gail

Arthur Morris
03-12-2014, 06:54 PM
This is nice, real nice.
I love the head on landing pose and the little "iceberg" tip.
Light is really beautiful. IQ is wonderful.
Nice sky BG with a hint of cloud.
My only suggestion would be to fix the "yellow snow" on the left hand side of the snow peak. Did you do a linear burn on this area?
Gail

Thanks. Good eyes. I ran a Linear Burn but as I recall, not on that area. The light for this was actually from the left; did lots of work to even it out. The yellow, which would be easy to fix, was likely from the early morning light...

Randy Stout
03-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Artie:

Simple, clean, great pose, like the diagonal wing tilt, clouds.

Strong

Randy

Robert Kimbrell
03-13-2014, 05:54 PM
That's a powerful shot, I love the big wing spreads. The whites look great, on the Eagle, Nice eye contact . He looks like he eying your lens for a perch.

Gabriela Plesea
03-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Sir Arthur,

Life is good indeed, and I am delighted to know there's so much more coming from you soon, thank you for the Tutorial and for sharing this awesome image of an avian species I never knew existed. Amazing detail here, as can be expected from one of the Masters. Very thoughtful composition, I am thinking you only left a tad of that snowy cap in the image so that nothing can take away from your majestic subject, the Eagle. A beauty, Sir!

Kind regards,

Arthur Morris
03-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks all. Dust-spotting and discolored snow addressed. I love how more eyes are better than two :).