PDA

View Full Version : Peek A Boo

Troy Lim
03-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Peek A Boo
~My favorite owl species from Florida. Don't you want to hug this cutie pie? It has been a good year with owls and I am looking forward to more in the next few weeks.
1Dx, 200-400L @ 540mm, 1/200, f/6.3, ISO1600, Fill Flash, Manual

Marina Scarr
03-08-2014, 05:58 AM
Awesome nesting tree with lots of design and texture. He's a cutie pie for sure. Well done on the full flash.

Karl Egressy
03-08-2014, 09:00 AM
"~My favorite owl species from Florida." Which species is it? I don't recognize the baby owl, it could be Eastern Screech or maybe Barred?
Very nice image love the owl and the tree trunk has a character.

Troy Lim
03-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Eastern SO

Thank you.

"~My favorite owl species from Florida." Which species is it? I don't recognize the baby owl, it could be Eastern Screech or maybe Barred?
Very nice image love the owl and the tree trunk has a character.

Ashleigh Scully
03-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Really nice Troy! I like the tree and you got great eye contact. I hope you see more owlets this Spring. I found a few feathers stuck near the holes if our nestboxes in our yard so that maybe means we have Screeches again this year. I've heard them at night too. Good luck!

Troy Lim
03-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Ashleigh, then you should have them using the nest then. It has been early down here. So far I know of five nests. It has been a good screech owl season.

Really nice Troy! I like the tree and you got great eye contact. I hope you see more owlets this Spring. I found a few feathers stuck near the holes if our nestboxes in our yard so that maybe means we have Screeches again this year. I've heard them at night too. Good luck!