PDA

View Full Version : Pecos National Monument Park

Cheryl Slechta
03-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Here's another image from the National Park. This is the ruins of one of the mission churches (the surviving one) and the kiva in front. I converted to a Sepia tone in LR using an OnOne preset.
Canon 5D, Mark III, 24-105mm@35mm, 1/160, f/11, ISO 400.
Thanks for looking:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
03-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Cheryl, very pretty scene, and I love the toning. I really like the composition with the two pyramids on the left. I wonder what it might look like with a bit more detail in the sky?

Don Railton
03-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Hi Cheryl.

Nice follow on from the previous post. I too like the sepia tone and the composition. I think presenting these images in B&W adds to the historic feel, so well done there. I also agree with Jackie that bringing out a bit more detail in the clouds might add futher to this image..

regards

DON

Rachel Hollander
03-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi Cheryl - I too like the toning and feel it adds to the old time feel. Good suggestion by Jackie re the sky. I would also clean up the urc.

TFS,
Rachel

Cheryl Slechta
03-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks, for the comments Jackie, Don and Rachel. I went back to the RAW file and there wasn't much detail in the sky - gray day, scattering of clouds. I got some added detail using NIK CEP Detail Extractor and Tonal Contrast (and cleaned up the URC - thanks Rachel - I noticed it when I took it back into NIK:S3:). When it's an overcast day in the winter it's pretty monochromatic without toning because the adobe is made from the earth and most of the vegetation is brown.

dankearl
03-12-2014, 09:18 PM
The repost is really nice.
Nice minimalist processing, stark and appropriate for the subject.

Andrew McLachlan
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi Cheryl, I really like the toning for this one and agree with the others that it really adds the historical touch to this image. I like the repost best as the additional detail in the clouds helps to frame the ruins nicely. Very nicely done!

Jay Gould
03-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Love it; I think it is a smidge (that is really very little) high on the left side. I use an App on my Mac call pinpoint - changes my cursor into red crosshairs edge to edge: love it; recommend it to everyone!

While the overall feel for me is a not level, the bottom of the window and some of the lines in the walls confirms it for me.