PDA

View Full Version : Kestrel

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Handheld, Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS Manual mode, ISO 800 1/1250 f4.5
if it isn't raining I take my camera most mornings when I walk Barney. As usual this morning was dull so I decided to shoot without the 1.4TC - to my cost (it is a large crop!).
It is a straight shot apart from the sky, it was very dull so I gave it a brushing of blue to cheer it up a bit.
All C&C welcome.

Randy Stout
03-07-2014, 12:58 PM
JON:

I am curious how you carry that rig while walking the dog! He must be well behaved. My pup would have me wrapped up in a tangle!

Although not the most dynamic pose, I still like it, because it works well with the head angle to give a sense of cruising about looking for lunch!

The comp works for me because of the head angle. I would normally go a bit tighter, but understand the IQ concern.

Cheers

Randy

Rob Melone
03-07-2014, 01:52 PM
The head turn makes this image Jonathan. Nicely exposed and wonderful color and background.

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Randy carrying the rig is a doddle. I carry the camera ruck sack style bag on my back, this means of course if it rains I can put it safely away. The bag has a strap across my chest , I simply place the foot of the lens over that and it does not feel any weight at all. As soon as I see a potential opportunity I take hold of the camera, and for the most part Barney is off the leash so he isn't pulling me around too much.
Glad you liked the shot Rob.

keith mitchell
03-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Jonathan recon you have made a very good job of this brief opportunity, the head turn really does make it for me.

Keith.

Iain Barker
03-10-2014, 08:25 AM
You captured a nice image Jon,
I wouldn't have know the sky had been altered and the pose of the bird is great.
TFS,
Iain