PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Royal Ontario Museum

Jackie Schuknecht
03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I put this through Topaz Simplify> Painting IV, then DAP> Realism. Added a texture from Totally Rad, and then finally a "Pattern" from the blending options. I also distorted the perspective quite a bit and changed the hue.

Dennis Bishop
03-06-2014, 09:38 PM
I really really like this. A lot!!! When I first saw it, M C Escher came to mind. It isn't actually like one of his creations, after all, but it's quite incredible. The colors and the shapes are amazing. Did I mention the colors?

gary ellwein
03-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Jackie, I love the multiple levels of depth in the image with the varying shades of blue and green. The complimentary splashes of yellow are most effective.

Randall Farhy
03-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Jackie-Wow. Besides the overall composition and distorted perspective-I like how you've blended painterly qualities with hard edged subject elements. The only thing I'd play with is the blue-green head of the man, as is it appears alien or birdlike, unlike the simplified elements throughout the rest of the image. I too like this a lot.

Cheryl Slechta
03-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey, Jackie, I really like this a lot also. From the thumbnail I thought it was the outside of the building and you had warped the people walking but now I get it! Great colors and painterly effect. I agree with Randall about maybe toning down the blue-green head. I also think you could crop a little from the bottom (to the corner of the stairs on the right) for an alternate view. Nicely done:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Jackie,

Greetings. Randall has it right... Wow! My mind went to artist Edvard Munch. Not sure why but something about the color and the aforementioned head. So, I googled Munch and Ha! there was a page on his painting The Scream on a web site - gogeometry !

http://gogeometry.com/great_paintings/the-scream-edvard-munch-golden-rectangle.htm

Anyway. Back to your image. I love the color... particularly the use of the yellow-purple color combination. And the contrasting combination of the sharp geometric lines with the painterly people. The square aspect ratio... not sure. I would be interested if you had just a little more on the left, maybe completing the corner. Just a thought.

Thanks for posting this one, Jackie. Really inspiring.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Wendy Kates
03-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Jackie, this is amazing! I love the depth, which is enhanced by the shades of blue and green as well as the texture. Really interesting...I can't stop looking at it!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comments, I will work on that head Randall. I looked at original and the man was bald making his head go a little wonky. I was hanging over the edge of the wall when I took this, hoping not to fall over. Cheryl thanks for the crop suggestion, I kind of like it the way it is, but I'll see if others feel the same way.

Nancy Bell
03-07-2014, 04:54 PM
A big WOW! The repeating lines, the shocks of yellow against the mottled blues, the people...all so creatively put together. Very, very well done! My vote is for the original crop.

Dennis Bishop
03-07-2014, 09:55 PM
The original. Definitely.

Kerry Perkins
03-07-2014, 11:41 PM
What a great image Jackie! What else can I say that hasn't been said? I just love everything about it as presented. Super job!

Anita Bower
03-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Excellent geometric image. Love the look you achieved through editing. I think you did a good correction of the man's head in the repost. The only thing I'm unsure of is the partial person--don't know how I feel about it.