PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Geometric Workout

Cheryl Slechta
03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
The University of Florida has an exercise building across from their Harn Museum of Art. The exercise building has neat sculptures outside as well as fun lights and artwork inside. I took this last year with a slightly long exposure to capture a little bit of the runners' movement and used Topaz Clean on it.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
03-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Very interesting Cheryl. I find my eye drawn to the purple lights and then the runners. Just the right amount of blur too.

Dennis Bishop
03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Very nicely done. Including the different levels makes it a better image, I think, than if only the top one were there. The curving pattern and spacing of the lights in the second level work very well with the runners. Speaking of runners, I think you caught the lead and trailing one at great locations relative to other elements in the image.

Randall Farhy
03-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Cheryl-well executed! The colors, shapes and overall clean appearance make this a very strong piece-Have you shown this to the operators of the gym? I could see it being used in an ad spot on the web or in a brochure.

Cheryl Slechta
03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Jackie, Dennis and Randall. Dennis - I went through lots of images to get them spaced at least partially the way I wanted them. And Randall - thanks for the suggestion! I have several - I'll see if they'd like to use them.:S3:

Nancy Bell
03-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Well seen and processed! I am always impressed at the images folks find in places I would never ever think of looking :eek3:! Those glowing purple columns are great and the addition of the moving runners makes the entire image. I'd consider cropping out the bottom tier of windows with that bright window in the center. For me it pulls away from all that is going on above. But I really do like the layer of near black with the few lights.

Anita Bower
03-09-2014, 04:33 PM
The title is perfect! Wonderful silhouettes against the marvelous purple. The geometric shapes are a great contrast to the moving figures. The longer shutter speed worked nicely. Mixed feelings about the bright square in bottom half of image. It does distract attention. I'd like to see the horizontal lines in the purple area made perfectly horizontal.