PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Windows

Anita Bower
03-06-2014, 06:39 AM
I took this last year and played around with Topaz Simplify, Paint IV.

Dennis Bishop
03-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Anita, your versatility is showing. This is quite different from your flower and scenic images. I like the Simplification and the bold mix of blues and oranges. The tone of the reddish circle nicely balances the lighter blue in the left window.

Hazel Grant
03-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Yes, Anita. you are branching out...and good for you! At first the circles bothered me a bit ( my built in sense of everything-balanced showing:) but I really like them now. Gives a light-hearted feel. I find it interesting that though the windows are side by side, one is larger than the other. Must be an interesting architecture story there. Nice use of Simplify for you.

Cheryl Slechta
03-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi, Anita, great colors and a good use of Topaz. I love the circles - are they lens flare? Whatever they are they add a lot of interest to the image.:S3:

Anita Bower
03-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi, Anita, great colors and a good use of Topaz. I love the circles - are they lens flare? Whatever they are they add a lot of interest to the image.:S3:
Yes, the circles are lens flare. Glad you like them.

Anita Bower
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Yes, Anita. you are branching out...and good for you! At first the circles bothered me a bit ( my built in sense of everything-balanced showing:) but I really like them now. Gives a light-hearted feel. I find it interesting that though the windows are side by side, one is larger than the other. Must be an interesting architecture story there. Nice use of Simplify for you.
I know what you mean about the circles. I was undecided about them. I cloned them out, but preferred them left in. These windows are in an older building, Moravian Tile Works in Doyelstown, PA, built in 1912. This photo is from the outside.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Very different. I like the colours, and the reflections that look like tiles in the windows. Very folk-artish.

Dennis Bishop
03-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Moravian Tile Works was already on my list for the next time I'm near Doylestown. I want to shoot it from inside and out.

gary ellwein
03-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Anita, I love the color palette. The variation in the small window reflections holds my attention. Clever use of the lens flares.

Wendy Kates
03-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I love the colors too. It's interesting that the photo was taken from the outside: the blues in the upper part of the left window and the greens below suggest that we are looking through the windows to an outdoor scene. From the thumbnail, I thought the circles were distracting, but in the larger image they fit very well into the whole scene. Lovely!

Nancy Bell
03-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Anita, this immediately reminded me of the other posting you did of the Moravian Tile Works, months ago. I loved that image and this one too! These colors are fantastic and the circles are totally awesome! They add a bit abstraction to a solid stone building. The blues tie everything together.