PDA

View Full Version : Birdscape

Harold Davis
05-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Just curious if this one blows any sunshine up your skirt. I like the colors, not sure about the compo though.

D300, 18-200VR at 32mm, f/13, 1/400s, 0EV, ISO 400.

PP in CNX, gradient tool to darken top of frame, a little warmth and a little extra saturation.

Thanks for your comments!!

Terry Eddington
05-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Looks like it may have been fascinating to watch but the single frame lacks focus without a main subject. I agree on the colors and exposure looks good.

Robert Amoruso
05-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Harold,

Terry hit the nail on the head - without a center of interest the image lacks drama or interest. As mentioned, colors and exposure are OK. Also, the horizon in the middle here does not work well.

Harold Davis
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
thanks guys, i'll dump it!! there was nothing in the fg at all that warranted being left in there, therefore the crop with the horizon in the middle. i didnt think it would work, but worth a shot. there was actually another pelican on the rightside of the frame diving that really made the scene, but the horizon was off and when i went to level it the pelican was cut in half.

file 13

thanks for your time!

Roman Kurywczak
05-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Harold,
I'll just add that for next time..........if you get a pelican closer and larger in the frame..........not huge but lets say 3 or 4 times the current ones size.........you would have a nice size perspective............which would add drama and may actually work!..........so the thought process is good at trying something..............and may be worth exploring more next time!

Harold Davis
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
thanks roman!