PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Geometric Reflections

Cheryl Slechta
03-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Building reflections taken in downtown Tampa Florida. I worked on this last year and don't remember which filter I used - probably Nik Silver Efex.:S3: I think I posted a variation of this before in color but can't remember.

Nancy Bell
03-05-2014, 07:12 PM
How cool having the distorted buildings reflected in the lower windows! Great composition with the grid-like lines surrounding the surprising liquid shapes of the buildings.

Dennis Bishop
03-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I can remember seeing -- and liking -- the color version. This might be even better because the focus is on the lines, shapes, tones, and textures. Capturing this on a day with clouds in the sky makes the reflections and tonal differences in the lower windows more remarkable. Kudos for seeing this and for processing it so well.

Hazel Grant
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
yes, I remember that one too. Fascinating how differing the colorway (or lack of color) can make such a difference isn't it. This one makes it more like a modern art piece. the lines are so much more pronounced. I like both versions for different reasons.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Structured with organic. I like this a lot Cheryl. The b and w conversion is terrific too.

gary ellwein
03-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Cheryl, I also remember this image. I like the contrast of the rigid glass and frames and the warped reflections. Good eye.

Kerry Perkins
03-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi Cheryl, good image to revisit and the monochrome really makes the lines and patterns pop. I love the conceptual contrast between the rigid lines of the window frames and the random distortion of the reflections. Well done!

Anita Bower
03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I like it! Bright and clean and interesting. Nice diversity ofl lines and shapes in the reflections, and of rectangles to hold it all together.

Mitch Carucci
03-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Black & white was the way to go here. Love the image. There are so many things to look at!