PDA

View Full Version : Western Sandpiper in Morning Light.

Raybel Robles
03-04-2014, 10:13 AM
This is considered a rare species here. If someone can confirm it for me that it is a Western Sandpiper would be great. I know they are very similar to the Semipalmated Sandpiper. :S3:

I would had like for the front foot to be shown but it is one of those things you just cant control :(

D7100 | 300mm w/ 2x TC | 1/500s | f8 | 250 ISO

Jim Crosswell
03-04-2014, 04:48 PM
I like the details, sharpness, BG and exposure. I would crop up from the bottom if it were mine. I am not good at IDs but I'm sure it would help if you included where and when you created the image. Nice image Raybel.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Lovely low angle and pose Roy. Although the front foot isn't visible, the back foot makes up for it I think. Nice exposure, details and comp. Looking forward to more.

Raymond Lee
03-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Nice low POV! I don't even mind the lead foot not being visible. The exposure is perfect. Fantastic details! There's that circular bright spot in the BG below the tail that could be toned down a bit or clone it out.

christopher galeski
03-05-2014, 01:05 AM
loverly image,like the pose,BG light and colors nice,sharp with good detail.

David Salem
03-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Beautiful capture. Love the morning light and the detail in the feathers is killer. Exposure is perfect and the pose and BG are nice too. The only thing I would change is to crop from the bottom quite a bit, leaving only a inch or so of the oof line. Very nice.

Daniel Cadieux
03-05-2014, 10:33 AM
I love the bottom part of the image and would leave it all in, but to me it looks like the image may need a bit of CCW rotation. Lovely light, nice low angle. I agree with removing or toning down the bright spot below the butt.

Don't be afraid to raise the ISO...these guys can be fast walkers on the ground and the extra SS would help with that.

As per Jim, where and when was this taken? That would help with ID...

Rob Melone
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Nice low angle capture with a pleasing pose and split backgorund. Would have like to see both feet.

Gabriela Plesea
03-05-2014, 12:13 PM
This is such a beauty, great detail, lovely golden light. I like the composition as is:w3

Kind regards,

Alexander Krebs
03-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi,
nice light, great habitat where the bird stands in! What to do else than take a shot. Hope you didn't get to wet!

Shawn Zierman
03-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Stunning image. The light quality is excellent. The shooting angle is perfect. Exposure is spot on. Love all the blue tones, and the way there is water on the bottom and top of the frame. In my opinion this looks possible for a western sandpiper.

Raybel Robles
03-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Thank you all for your kinds comments.

Regarding the species it is a Western Sandpiper. I email a local bird club here and they confirm it. It is considered rare here (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands) and they were glad I managed to photographed it.

Regards
Ray

Robert Kimbrell
03-06-2014, 08:37 PM
A very nice image, Like Dan, I like the bottom of the image and would prefer you not crop it out. Very nice light and exposure.