PDA

View Full Version : Egret in Flight

Jack Dallas
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Shot 1/2/08 in Venice, Florida; 11:09 a.m.
Canon 5D with 100-400 Canon lens
ISO 200; 1/500 sec @ f 9
AV mode at -2/3
Vertical crop from larger image
Straightened, sharpened and noise filtered In PS CS3
Sharpening NIK; Noise reduction Neat Image 5.8

Alfred Forns
01-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Jack I'm going to start with a couple of suggestions and will welcome others to follow up with more if you see them

Would try framing from a lower/higher for better bg composition Light seems hard from above creating shadows under wing Image is sharp and well place in frame !!!

Axel Hildebrandt
01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Welcome, Jack! Nice wing position. In addition to Al's comments I find the two dark spots a bit distracting and would clone them out if that is something you do.

Lana Hays
01-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome, Jack
Both Al and Axel have made good suggestions. I see some halos around the legs of the egret....which can be corrected or prevented in the future. It may not seem like a big deal but I think that if you're really interested in your images, you'll want to everything you can to make them better.

Linda Robbins
01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi Jack, and Welcome to BPN!

The rather harsh light and the light angle worked against you in this shot. It is especially difficult for white birds, and photographing them early or late in the day or on high overcast days when the light is softer will make things easier. You captured a nice flight pose, and your crop was good. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Linda