PDA

View Full Version : Hot Australian..

Don Railton
03-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I took an early morning walk with my wife today and saw this Western Red Corrella at the local park making a quick and noisy dash for the next tree. They are almost in plague proportion at this park, and one does not spend to much time under the trees they roost in...although its good for the grass..! I know the leading edge of the wings are hot, but I am not sure I could have done too much about this and still get good underwing detail, in even in the early morning sun...

1D4 & 500 F4 Hand Held
1/4000 sec @ F4, ISO 1600
Manual exposure

Processed in ACR, BG NR using neat image, then sharpen all over with HP sharpening action found in the landscape section sticky.

DON

Tobie Schalkwyk
03-03-2014, 02:41 AM
You guys are spoiled with beautiful birds 'down under'! I think you've done well here - sharp, nice composition, nice BG!

keith mitchell
03-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Don I certainly miss my trips to Perth see all these smashing birds you have(which park?)you have done very well to get such a good exposure on this almost white bird ,also very sharp.
Keith.:S3:

Iain Barker
03-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi Don, Really like this. I do find the bird a bit central with the dead space behind the bird. Are the whites hot in the front edge of the wings? Could just be my monitor.

TFS
Iain

Daniel Cadieux
03-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Dynamic flight pose here, and the open bill is a nice bonus. I like most of the BG, just not crazy about the "X" shaped branches crossing each other. I'm really digging the iridescence of the flight and tail feathers. As for the very bright whites on the leading edges of the wings...you should be able to tame them via a "highlights" or "brights" slider in ACR without affecting the underwing details. If it does, sometimes the "shadows" slider does magic in bringing up shadow exposures afterwards.

Don Railton
03-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Hi Keith, this was taken in Carine open space which is about 4km from by house..

Hi Daniel, I struggled with the LE of the wing to bring down the hot areas without getting something that I was happy with. I am not sure I tried your suggested combination however so I will give that a go. I was trying to protect the underwing detail.

thanks for your comments guys..

DON