PDA

View Full Version : SUNSHINE COUNTRY BATH

douglas hayes
03-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Drying off after a good stream bed dunking at 4,300' elevation. Later sang a lyrical bath time song.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4III 1/3200 5.6 400 -1/3

Raybel Robles
03-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi Douglas,

I like the bird colors against the good clean background. I only think the bird is lacking a bit of details, maybe a bit more sharpening around the head could help? Also i think the bird is a bit too low in the frame. I think if you place the bird a bit higher providing you have canvas at the bottom would help.

TFS

Raybel

Don Railton
03-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Hi Douglas,

Pretty bird on a nice perch and a lovely BG. Count me as another that would lift the bird in the frame.. I see a bit of a sharpening halo appearing over the head so more sharpening will make this worse... Did you hand hold? I think I would have expected more detail in the chest feathers also. I would but pushing up the ISO and shutter speed if this was HH.

DON

keith mitchell
03-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Hi Douglas,nits already covered ,this makes a nice change from the pristine feather perfect birds we see so often, I really like the wet bedraggled look.

Keith.:S3:

Iain Barker
03-03-2014, 08:33 AM
Hi Douglas. Exposure looks spot on and the lighting quite nice. I agree subject is a bit tight in the bottom corner so you may be able to tweak the composition.

TFS
Iain

Daniel Cadieux
03-03-2014, 12:42 PM
You had a neat opportunity here with the wet subject. Looks well exposed for the sort of harsh light you had. Good perch...but pointing your lens down more would have been beneficial to the comp. I also feel that although focused properly the image could stand another round of sharpening for web presentation.