PDA

View Full Version : Louisbourg, Cape breton, Nova Scotia

gail bisson
03-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Canon 1DX
24-105mm @ 40mm
ISO 400
F 6.3 @ 1/100. I did not have my tripod with me so wanted to kepp SS above 1/100 as I was handholding.
I am looking forward to all your suggestions.
My PP is very basic- I increased the exposure on the snow and rocks and did NR on the sky and sharpened JPEG with USM. Done in LR and used clarity slider at +20, increased saturation to 15 and left vibrance at 0.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Don Railton
03-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Hi Gail

This is very appealing...! I especially love the way those clouds 'radiate' from the island. IMHO its nicely composed with the FG tree in the LH third with the clouds or rocks leading through into the rh third.. Gives a very nice draw into/through the image.. My only suggestion is to open up the shadows on the tree a little (but not a lot..) and I think the snow could be lifted a little more also..

TFS
DON

Morkel Erasmus
03-03-2014, 03:17 AM
Gail.
Stunning sky. Lovely composition.
Love how the pink light reflects off the snow!
Perhaps a touch more detail extraction in the foreground/tree?

Andrew McLachlan
03-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Very nice work Gail...hope to see more of your landscapes over here. I love the detail and brightness of the snow, but the tree could be lightened up a bit. The sky is great...sometimes what I will do with skies like this is to use Viveza and place a control point of the clouds and slightly increase the warmth slider for a bit more impact. I think that would work well for this image. Nicely done TFS :S3:

Diane Miller
03-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Gorgeous light and composition!

andresleon
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Love the composition of the image. Colors are vibrant and really well maintained. As stated in other responses, I would open up the shadows just a little to show more detail on the tree, but not so much that it will wash the deep sky colors. Very well done!

Cheryl Slechta
03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Gail, beautiful skies and lighting and composition. Suggestions have been covered above. It's a lovely image.:S3:

Rachel Hollander
03-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Gail - You should shoot landscapes more often. I too really like the comp and the sky is beautiful. Good suggestions above for taking it up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

dankearl
03-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Gorgeous light, comp and setting.
I would not change a thing….

Jay Gould
03-14-2014, 11:36 AM
It is absolutely lovely. Looking only at the waterline behind the tree it is a tiny bit high on the left side. Most wouldn't care; I do.

Jason Stander
03-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi Gail... this is a beautiful image... lovely comp and details... excellent sky captured... I think the tree is great as is... would maybe up the sats slightly on the sky... otherwise WD!:w3