PDA

View Full Version : Green-winged Teal

Glenn Conlan
03-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Had some needed rain for the last few days in So. Calif. went out this morning to a local pond and captured this teal in soft light before it started to rain again. Very painterly water.

D4 600mm w 1.4tc
F5.6
ISO 1600
1/320 sec
Tripod

Thanks again for your input, learning alot.

Marina Scarr
03-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Lovely image and especially the water makes this one quite special. I think the image needs a slight pop in color and some CCW rotation. The tip of the beak should meet it's reflection exactly to be level.

Geoffrey Montagu
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Phenomenal quality Glenn. As captured as I am by the duck, I keep looking at the water ripples coming towards me loving the naturally highlighted top edge of each, even the faint ones in the BG. The warmth of the water and the green of the inside face of the ripples compliment the duck perfectly.

Geoffrey

Glenn Conlan
03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Lovely image and especially the water makes this one quite special. I think the image needs a slight pop in color and some CCW rotation. The tip of the beak should meet it's reflection exactly to be level. Is this better Marina

Marina Scarr
03-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Looks much better to me, but it's most important how you like it. The horizon looks level, and I like it with a little more contrast added.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-03-2014, 07:06 PM
repost looks better to me. I was also going to suggest a tighter crop taking from the top some and then balance with a little from the left. Love the water ripples and colors running thru them

David Salem
03-05-2014, 04:06 AM
Nice capture Glenn. The water is awesome looking and the repost with the contrast added look great. Nice work

Rob Melone
03-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice artistic shot with the lines of color in the water, reflection and feather texture of the teal! I like the complimentary background color as well.