PDA

View Full Version : Foot Prints

Clyde Hopper
03-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi folks , I'm trying to make time to get back in here with some photos and offer some critique as well .
I was going through photos of wild Turkeys and remembered /saw this one . I wish I had captured the spurs ,because of not getting them I dismissed this photo . I question what your thoughts are .A bit different ,but I sill like it .

camera was the D90 ,Lens was Sigma 105mm , ss 1/250 , f/4 ,Iso 800 ,hh .No flash.
Processed in ACR,then CS6 . lightened the upper legs

Diane Miller
03-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Interesting and certainly not the usual image! Would have been more compelling with the spurs and a cleaner view of the toenails, but if we only kept the images that couldn't have been improved, we wouldn't have many.

I like the selective DOF, with the front leg sharp and well detailed and the back leg OOF, but I could wish the BG was cleaner and more OOF. Hard to get a turkey to pose, though. You did a good job with what you were given.

Ian Cassell
03-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Hey, Clyde. I really like the concept here. I have been collecting feet since a foot theme on here several years ago. I think to make this one more effective, a deeper DOF would have helped. The toenails, being OOF, weakens it a bit. I do like the composition.