PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Angles

Wendy Kates
03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
This is an image of the underside of balconies of a high rise. I used Color Efex Pro (Bleach Bypass and Brilliance / Warmth) to give the image more depth. Comments / critiques are welcome.

Jackie Schuknecht
03-01-2014, 03:35 PM
I like the lines and repetition Wendy. I might play around with the colours more to make it more design-like, rather than a recognizable piece of architecture. Just an idea.

Diane Miller
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I love the design! Great seeing! The horizontal offset between the angles of the two sets of balconies is wonderful!

Nancy Bell
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I really like the graphic look to this with the clean repeating lines. That stacked column to the right adds a perfect additional element that repeats the lines but with a different scale. You might want to play with this in b&w for another type of image.

Kerry Perkins
03-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Good eye Wendy! I like the graphic look of the composition and agree that maybe some filtering would add an element of abstraction to it. Nice!

Hazel Grant
03-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Nothing to add to what has been said. My first 'yes" was the column to add distinction, as mentioned.

Randall Farhy
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Wendy, graphic abstracts of architecture - one of my favorite genre going way back (haven't shot any since film days) -this one works well because everything appears sharp plus it has a layered design to it. I'd play with composite flips on this one to get the repeating blue triangles in different positions along with all those wonderful diagonal lines.

Wendy Kates
03-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all of your comments and suggestions...I'll try them, and post the results that seem to work. Randall...when you say "composite flips", are you suggesting that I try to flip the entire image?

--Wendy

Dennis Bishop
03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Good eye, Wendy. I really like the lines and the offsets. With this being so abstract, I think it would work well to substitute one of the grays for the blue sky.

Anita Bower
03-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I like it, but I like your flipped version even more.