PDA

View Full Version : Winners: Creative Depth of Field

Jackie Schuknecht
03-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Lots of interesting images (as usual):S3:. So my pics for the theme.

1. F2 Rose by Anita Bower. (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/117931-Theme-f2-Rose) I love the pink/green colour combination as well as the two sharp leaves in the fg echoing the leaves on the rose. The OOF areas are fabulous, and that rose just shines. Congrats Anita.

2. Modern Grunge Sunset (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/117999-Theme-Modern-Grunge-Sunset) by Judy Howle. Great moody created Judy. I like this over the previous posts because it was more ominous and struck a deeper chord with me. Very creative with the layer of drops to vie through. The silhouettes of the fence and the figure added to the feel. I'll have to check out Machine Wash too. Great work!

3. To Boldly Go Where No Focus has Gone Before (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/117916-Theme-To-Boldly-Go-Where-No-Focus-Has-Gone-Before) by Michael Gerald-Yamasaki. Michael is introducing us to the TS lens as most of us don't have one. This was just wild, your imagination was the limit for the interpretation of the picture. It reminded me of some microscopic inner workings of the body, but it could be anything. The multi-coloured bubbles and the coloured rings around them were very cool. The overall image colour was very different too. Well done Michael.

Cheryl Slechta
03-01-2014, 12:15 PM
It was a fun theme and lots of great images! Congratulations, Anita on a beautiful image:S3: Congrats also to Judy and Michael! Thanks so much for judging, Jackie.

Nancy Bell
03-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Great judging Jackie and so many creative entries. Congrats Anita! And super well done Judy & Michael!

Randall Farhy
03-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Congratulations Anita, Judy and Michael-as always, these are fantastic images. Thanks for judging Jackie, your time and effort are appreciated!

Kerry Perkins
03-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Congratulations Anita! Your flower images are always winners in my book. Congrats also to Judy and Michael for your great images. I love how this theme was interpreted so differently by different artists - well done! Thanks Jackie for your expert judging, we appreciate it so much.

Anita Bower
03-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Wow! A pleasant surprise. Thank you. Congratulations to Judy and Michael. As usual, I thought there were many excellent submissions. Thanks Jackie for judging--a difficult task.

Judy Howle
03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks for judging Jackie! Congrats to Anita and Michael. I'm happy to be recognized with so many excellent renderings for the theme.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
03-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Congratulations Anita & Judy. Thanks much for judging, Jackie. I've been meaning to put up some more t/s images (and taking some more, too). Once I get over the photographic funk I'm in ;-) (not to worry, they come and go)... Another great theme, though, keeps me going.

Cheers,

-Michael-