PDA

View Full Version : Dogwood Painting

Diane Miller
02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
It seems to be painting week so I thought I'd toss this one out. (Corel Painter, with the border added in OnOne Photo Frame.)

Mostly it's just an excuse to say I've been feeling guilty about lack of participation here for a while, but I have a good excuse. Our younger daughter is getting married in a little over a month and I've been busy with plans, although I have to say she and her older sister have things under control.

Gina and Jeremy have been together a long time and there was never a question that it wouldn't be a permanent arrangement, but nonetheless we and his parents are absolutely delighted!! Both are the best kids anyone could ever want!

So I'll be distracted and sporadic for a while but I'll probably survive the experience!

Nancy Bell
03-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I really like the graceful, breeze-tossed look to this! Having the dogwood centers in sharper detail gives this a bit of solid grounding that feels good to the eyes. Lovely lighting bringing out the pearly whites of the blossoms.

I never know what is proper - congrats? best wishes? on the upcoming wedding of your daughter and her partner! No doubt that this time will distract you from everything else. Enjoy!

Kerry Perkins
03-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi Diane, I like the blending and brush strokes in this image - it really gives a painterly look to the flowers. Thanks for adding to the interest in painting over photographs, it is a new world for me and I think many here will be trying it out! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Randall Farhy
03-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Diane, this one has a nice airey feeling about it, easy on the eyes-Congatulations on the wedding-so many details so little time.

Dennis Bishop
03-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I like the effect you got when you transformed this. It looks very much like a painting with just enough detail. Given the little I've used it, I hate to admit I'm on my second version of Painter. You and Kerry are going to inspire me to put it through its paces.

Cheryl Slechta
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Diane, sorry I'm late commenting but it looks like congratulations are in order:S3: And the painting is lovely - very airy and wistful.

Anita Bower
03-06-2014, 06:45 AM
A beautiful painting. The processing you did does make it look like a painting. I like the softness, the variations from strong detail to less detail, the composition. I also like the angle you chose to take the photo, and the composition. The light tones in the upper part pull my eye a bit, as does the unpainted top part of the leaf leaving the flower of the right. You do excellent "painting."

Jackie Schuknecht
03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Very pretty Diane, good luck with everything. I know it will go well:bg3:.