PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Yellow Lotus

Judy Howle
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM
I used 2 vintage color film presets, one from Exposure 5 and one from DXO Film Pack 3 and added a texture. These darkened the background and highlighted the bloom and added a little noise to make it look vintage.

Dennis Bishop
02-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Very nicely done. I like the way the stem and leaves fade into the background. Good perspective with respect to the flower, too. The lower petals form a great diagonal that nearly converges with a line made by the tops of the petals in the back.

Nancy Bell
02-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Love the effect of sunlight rays coming in from the left and highlighting the top edge of the leaf and adding an glow to the flower! The folded over flower petals and the flowing veins that are visible add a great interesting element to the composition, plus the water drops. The textures give this an nice "artsy" feel.

Randall Farhy
02-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Judy-yet another stunning flower image. It somehow feels "Old World". I really like how the lower left transitions to the upper right background, subtle and supportive. The image is sharp exactly where it needs to be and the lighting is gorgeous. I like this image, and I like this style. The highlights on the petals seem hot, but I am on my laptop so that may not be the case. Nicely executed!

Cheryl Slechta
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Judy, I love those lotus and the way you've handled this image. I especially like the lighting and the folded leaf at the bottom:S3:

Judy Howle
02-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments! This is one of my favorite lotus blossoms because of the wind-blown petals enabling us to see the seed pod in the center.

Diane Miller
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Wonderful! I love lotus flowers!

I wonder if an alternate version would be one with more detail or richness / darkness in the petals, though? The BG is so wonderfully rich, they seem a little overpowered, by my preferences. But they do glow -- maybe an overriding idea.

Kerry Perkins
03-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Judy, I like how the flower stands out from the bg and the leaf in the LLC adds a nice compositional element to the image. Well done!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Very pretty Judy. I might just clone out that one brown vertical stem to the left. You have great DOF here. What were the tech specs?

Anita Bower
03-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Really beautiful! A gorgeous flower. Gorgeous editing and presentation. Wow! It glows. AS others have noted, the curving petals are especially lovely. I may be the only one with this idea, but I think I'd prefer it rotated counter-clockwise. What are vintage color film presets?