PDA

View Full Version : Dreams of Flying

Mitch Carucci
02-25-2014, 08:31 PM
I was going through old negatives and found this grainy B&W. I didn't know what to do with it, but since this young lady is now in her early 20s, and wants to learn to fly, I started thinking along these lines.

Remask, adjust and simplify. Negative colorized in editor.

Diane Miller
02-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Very cool! Start her in gliders -- that's real flying! It feels a lot like this!

Judy Howle
02-26-2014, 12:20 AM
Nice work, made me smile! I wish I could fly like that!

Nancy Bell
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
The expression, her stance & her blowing clothes make this fabulous! She is very well placed against those well chosen dramatic clouds. I hope you have given her a print of this image. Having just seen the Olympics I could see a skateboard under her feet!

Cheryl Slechta
02-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Very creative, Mitch. She looks joyous.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
02-27-2014, 12:44 AM
I was going to say "freestyle snowboard" but skateboard makes more sense given the little girl's clothes! Really cute concept and you are the king of Remask. My only suggestion would be to try to match the color temperature of the girl with the clouds a little better, I think that would add to the magic of the image.

gary ellwein
02-27-2014, 05:42 PM
The posture, flowing hair and clothing imparts a sense of flying. The subject placed against the dramatic cloud bg works. It looks as if she is delighted to have spotted a hole in the clouds.

Randall Farhy
02-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Pretty cool and an appropriate gift I'm sure she will appreciate!

Diane Miller
02-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Looked back at the picture again and I like the slightly wonky colors -- reminiscent of old Ektachromes and the now-popular vintage look.

She bears an uncanny resemblance to our older daughter, Annie. She had dreams like this, too, and by the time she was in her 20s she was teaching grown men to fly upside down. She's 5 ft tall and at the time weighed 90 pounds wet. I think she may be up to 95 by now, at the ripe old age of 39.