PDA

View Full Version : Dreamy Solomon's Seal

Mary Stamper
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
When the wind is blowing, I'll sometimes use AF-C autofocus mode to track the moving leaves. It often works quite well, especially when the depth of field is very shallow. I can sometimes get away with amazingly slow shutter speeds, like in this example.

D2x
f6.3
1/80 sec
iso 200
300mm F4 + 1.4 TC=420mm

Gus Cobos
05-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Very nice composition Mary,
Like the defused look...:)

Alfred Forns
05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I like it a lot Mary !!! Different for sure !!! Originally I was thinking horizontal but this works very well. Sort of turns you around to look. Excellent tonal changes !!!

Robert O'Toole
05-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Mary,

Love the patterns and the green tones with the soft sunlight hitting the top leaf and the black BG really works here.

I might darken the the lightest edges just a little, but thats just a pers pref.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
05-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi Mary,
I really do like this! I would probably go with the horizontal.....but again......personal preference. Robert got me thinking..............and I'm just asking to see if you tried it because i really do like this as is........but did you try lightening the D green BG a hair and toning down the brighter leaves??? I ask.......because as I analyze this........it might just add more tonal dimension than you already have.........and that a lot! Very well done!

Mary Stamper
05-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Mary,
I really do like this! I would probably go with the horizontal.....but again......personal preference. Robert got me thinking..............and I'm just asking to see if you tried it because i really do like this as is........but did you try lightening the D green BG a hair and toning down the brighter leaves??? I ask.......because as I analyze this........it might just add more tonal dimension than you already have.........and that a lot! Very well done!
I tried lightening the background, but didn't like it. The high-contrast version is more surreal and interesting. Lowering the contrast made it look too much like the real scene. I can see that all summer in the garden....don't need to take a picture of it, though I'm sure some may prefer it over what I did. :)