PDA

View Full Version : Chickasaw Plums

Cheryl Slechta
02-25-2014, 04:10 PM
I went to LaChua Trail at Paynes Prairie Preserve last week and the native plums were in bloom. This is a long exposure blur of a plum with the sun setting in the background and with a texture applied.:S3:

Nancy Bell
02-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Wonderful, subdued colors and I bet the fragrance of the plums was awesome! The heavy, white oil paint-like lines add just the right amount of spark to the image and give it a liveliness.

Dennis Bishop
02-25-2014, 05:53 PM
This is beautiful. I like the softness and the wonderful combination of colors. I find the whitish/yellowish lines at the top a bit distracting and would be inclined to tame them a bit. I'm curious about what they are. The sky showing through openings in the foliage?

Anita Bower
02-25-2014, 06:03 PM
It took me a while to figure out what this was a picture of. My comments come with the understanding that blurs are not my favorite images. The trunk seems a bit dark for the image, or maybe too black. I agree with Dennis about the bright spots. I do like the beautiful soft colors. How wonderful to see trees in bloom!

Judy Howle
02-25-2014, 07:43 PM
It also took me a while to figure out what it was. I agree about the white splotches and find them a bit distracting. I like the soft colors and the texture.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-26-2014, 09:12 AM
I really like the colours and the blur. At first I found the light squiggles distracting, but I find them like exclamation marks at the end of the sentence- like little dancing faeries, very nice Cheryl!

Cheryl Slechta
02-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone. The squiggly lines are from the sunset shining through the trees.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Hi Cheryl, I really like the image as is. It has a nice oil or pastel look and those bright squigglies look like paint buildup which adds to the look. Colors are great and so is the composition. Nice one!